Friday 2 August 2013

Week 1

As part of our first exercise for this course, we were instructed to develop 3D sketches based on a set of floor plans that were given to us by our tutor. I was limited to the information provided on the floor plans and found it reasonably difficult to interpret the individual buildings and their characteristics and turn them into a 3D sketch of a whole building. This exercise has however enabled me to enhance my skills in analysing plans and most importantly understand how vital 3D illustrations and visuals can be in aiding the client understand the project more clearly.

I believe that being able to use 3D visuals and models to present the project to the client can create a better relationship between the designer and the client thus creating a more efficient and sustainable workflow. Therefore, I believe that even though this week's exercise was difficult to attempt, it was a great opportunity to put my current skills into practice and educate myself of alternative methods to improve my skills.

My attempt at the 3D sketching exercise can be viewed below.


No comments:

Post a Comment