Friday 23 August 2013

Week 4

For this week, we did not have any particular tasks to do but to progress further with our designs for the final primitive form. Following last week's exercises of establishing sizes of spaces and experimenting with compositions of primitives, I have progressed further and have developed my final primitive. My final primitive is made up of a wedge, a pyramid and a cone. My main method of construction is using these shapes as the main shell of the house and then using horizontal floor plates as shown below to build the spaces in the design schedule.

My first initial thoughts about my final form is that it can only improve, I can begin using my final primitive to shape my house and can make fine alterations to the shape of my final form as needed to ensure the adequacy of my design.

Side elevation showing the proposed floor heights and final primitive features
A front elevation showing the proposed floor heights and final primitive features
This is the wedge primitive with wall and floor thickness. This will be part of the shell of the house. 
The pyramid primitive consisting of wall thickness part of the overall shell of the house.
Upon initial thoughts, this cone primitive will be used as an atrium allowing light into the house through a void.
 My next steps for the upcoming weeks is to start establishing the internal layout of my house and then linking these spaces through means of staircases, ramps or the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment