Friday 9 August 2013

Week 2

This week's exercise was a rather interesting one as we were required to develop models of the work produced by our chosen designer using paper. I selected a few of my designer's work (Nicholas Schuybroek) and the results are below.



This was my first attempt at the Chopin Center located in Warshaw, Poland. The shape of this building was a simple rectangular prism with some type of skin used as the facade. I thought that the best method to represent the facade of this building was by cutting out triangular cut outs of the rectangular prism that I created thus achieving the shape and form of this building.

Image courtesy of http://www.ns-architects.com





This particular building by Nicholas is a competition entry for a science museum located in Burssels Belgium. I created this building by folding the paper multiple times and cutting each layer that was formed at a different angle and then folding the paper in a circle as shown above. 

Image courtesy of http://www.ns-architects.com



The final building was the an additional exercise introduced to us during class where we had the freedom of using multiple sheets of paper to recreate another building that our designer has produced. I chose to re-model this grand stand concert located in Montreal Canada. I found out that using one single sheet of paper was actually easier than using multiple sheets of paper. I traced out the trussed and support structure and use a blade to cut out the trusses as shown above.

Image courtesy of http://www.ns-architects.com

No comments:

Post a Comment